- Posted On Monday May 21, 2018
- Leave A Commment
Even though United States is noted for being the birthplace of printing press and airplane, in the present times, it has acquired widespread recognition among larger segments of the population probably because varied kinds of foodstuffs are readily available here. Starting from peanut butter sandwiches to hot dogs, beef jerky, clam chowder, fried catfish, cheese curds, Thanksgiving turkey, and NYC pizza- the list of items that you could try in US simply does not seem to end. Well, in this write-up, I have jotted down the recipe of chicken pot pie, a dish that is treasured by top American diners.
Ingredients required for Chicken Pot Pie
- A pound of boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes.
- Two unbaked pie crusts.
- Sliced carrots and green peas (one cup each).
- 1/3 cup of chopped onions and celery.
- 1/3 cup of flour.
- 1/3 cup of melted butter.
- 2/3 cup of milk and chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt and black pepper.
How to make Chicken Pot Pie?
- Preheat the oven to at least 220°C.
- Boil chicken, carrots, peas, and celery in a saucepan for fifteen minutes. Drain the water and keep them aside.
- Now put butter in a separate saucepan and cook onions on medium flame until they turn translucent. Keep adding flour, chicken broth, milk, salt, and black pepper one by one until the mixture thickens.
- Place the pie crust over an aluminum foil. Then add the boiled chicken and vegetables along with the prepared mixture. Cover the entire thing with another crust, seal edges, and cut off the extra dough. Do make small slits on top so that the steam could escape.
- Bake the pie for at least 40 minutes and cool the dish before serving.
Make the extremely delectable chicken pot pie right now and impress your family and friends.